As a husband, Lloyd is working out pretty well.
I suspected as much, after dating him for four years prior to our engagement, and living with him for nearly as long. So whenever people as how married life is treating me, I have to laugh and remind them that not much has changed. We are still madly in love, appreciate each other’s ever-endearing qualities 87 % of the time, and try not to kill one another the other 13%.
I still leave piles of stuff everywhere, talk in my sleep, and never pull our screen door closed all the way. Lloyd still snores loudly, leaves his condensation-ridden iced coffee cups on the counter without a napkin under them, and always, always, always sets the alarm clock wrong.
I take that back. The alarm is just, ahem, “broken.”
After years of debate over the “broken” alarm clock, he went out and bought a new alarm clock. Yet he still sets the old, “broken” one, as well. Now it’s like the carol of the bells at 4:30 AM in our bedroom.
And the funny thing is…….. the new alarm seems to be broken, too!
Operator error, methinks.
Lloyd thinks otherwise.
I made the rookie mistake of asking him to set the alarm for me the other morning when I was feeling under the weather. Needless to say, said alarm never went off. Luckily, I woke up on my own with just enough time to get ready in a jiffy and through dinner the in the crock pot!
Recipes like these were made precisely for those mornings when
your husband can’t set the alarm to save his life you’re in a rush!
Crock Pot Asian Chicken
Adapted from A Nutritionist Eats
1/3 C low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp ginger, minced
2 C shredded carrots
1.5 lb. chicken breasts
2 C brown rice, prepared
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine.
Add chicken breasts to crock pot and cover with sauce. Cook on low for about 6 hours, adding carrots about 1 hour before done so they don’t dry out.
Serve over brown rice.