I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, home girl has some of THE best, THE simplest, and THE tastiest recipes. Her blog definitely falls into my top favorites, for recipes and general content. I’ve posted the directions below, but if you click on the link above, she gives a step-by-step tutorial with pictures!
Mozzarella-Stuffed Bruschetta Turkey Burgers with Balsamic Glaze
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup balsamic vinegar
5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl combine turkey, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese. Divide mixture into 8 portions.
2. Line a peanut butter jar lid with foil, then plastic wrap and press 1 portion of the turkey mixture into the lid. Heap 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the middle, then top with another portion of turkey. Press down to seal, then invert the patty onto a plate. Continue until you have 4 burger patties.
3. Grill burgers for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side over medium heat.
4. For Bruschetta mixture: combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
5. For Balsamic Glaze: heat balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer, and stir frequently, until the vinegar has reached the consistency of thin maple syrup.
6. Top grilled burgers with Bruschetta mixture and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
I used a can of diced tomatoes because I realized I had no fresh tomatoes at the last minute. The basil I had planned on using also went bad, so I used some dried basil for the bruschetta mixture.
I decided to nix the balsamic vinegar glaze altogether, but these were just as good without it!
Refreshing summer dinner!
Like a Caprese salad ON the burger!
… so good that I cleaned my plate!