Tonight’s dinner was created so I could use up the rest of the tortillas I had floating around in my cabinets. And so, I present to you anothe spin on the ‘dilla!
Broccoli and Cheese Quesadillas
- Chicken breasts
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Yea, seriously, that’s it. Now here are my extremely detailed directions.
1. Cook chicken and shred. Meanwhile, roast or steam broccoli (or you could also use frozen).
I roasted the broccoli along with some asparagus. I cooked my chicken last night to save time tonight.
2. When chicken is shredded and broccoli is ready, add to a sautee pan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. (I used 1/4 C.) Remove from pan.
3. Add tortilla to pan and sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on top. (I used 1/2 C reduced fat).
4. Add chicken and broccoli. Cover with remaining cheese.
5. Fold over, cook until brown, and cut.
I realize that there is a lot of asparagus there. Yes I did eat it all.
Oooooh, baby, baby…
This was a bit dry. Next time I will marinate the chicken first, for sure.
I couldn’t think of anything to add flavor or anything to dip it in.
Marinara didn’t seem right.
Pesto? Hmm… that might be a good addition.
HELP! What do you think I could add or dip this in to make it taste delicious???